- M.Sc. in Neurobiology, Faculty of Medicine, Université Laval
- B.Sc. in Engineering Physics, Physics Department., Université Laval
- D.E.C. in Physics Technology, Cégep de La Pocatière
Study of spatio-temporal dynamics of CaMKII and partners, with advanced microscopy techniques like:
- Stimulated Emission Depletion (STED)
- Fluorescence Recovery After Photobleaching (FRAP)
- Fluorescence Lost After Photo-Activation (FLAPA)
In this biophotonic project, we will use a super resolution microscope, based on Stimulated Emission Depletion (STED), to study the interaction of CaMKII during synaptic activity. Such a microscope will enable us to reach beyond the resolution limits, hereby, revealing protein localization and movements inside the cell as well as on the membrane.
The first step of that project is to build the microscope that should allow us to take two color images of fixed cells and to do live imaging of cultured cells.