We are hiring. We have a need for students (M. Sc and Ph.D.) and post-docts (all levels) in the group with an excellent knowledge of fibre-based devices in the laboratory. We are looking for people who generally « like to build things » for two projects: Neurosurgical Guidance with Optical Fibers (Messaddeq, Galstian, Parent, Cantin, Prudhomme, Côté) and New technologies for pharmaceutical targets in chronic pain (Y. De Koninck, Adamantidis, Vallée, Côté). Requirements for the position:
- Excellent practical knowledge of fibres (e.g., fiber coupling, fiber splicing, connectors and selection criteria).
- Knowledge and interest in detection and data acquisition (photodetectors in general but PMTs and photodiodes (avalanche or not) in particular).
- Knowledge of MATLAB (data acquisition toolbox).
- Excellent technical knowledge of linear and nonlinear optics.
- Very good working knowledge of lasers and other light sources.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Being resourceful and interested in neuroscience.
- Must have an interest in working on clinical and pre-clinical projects.
Send your CVs to Daniel.Cote@crulrg.ulaval.ca